Was there, or is there, anything wrong with the OT law? The answer to that question is an emphatic NO! Why? Because the Bible says,
“The law of the Lord is perfect,” Psalm 19:7
What we find in Scripture is, there’s not a problem with the law, instead there’s a problem with us! In fact, the Bible tells us,
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9
“For you were like sheep going astray,” 1 Peter 2:25
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
There’s something wrong with us. There’s something wrong with the human heart. Continue reading
How can we have a happy life? Jesus gave us the answer in the Beatitudes.
You Ought To Be Poor In Spirit
- We need to see ourselves the way God sees us.
- We must understand that we approach God on the basis of grace and not performance.
- Without Jesus, we are a wretch…unhappy, miserable.
Consider yourself fortunate (happy) in the New Year if you recognize:
- That you need God’s Help
- Blessed are the poor. We should not be spiritually proud. We should see ourselves as God sees us.
- We should decrease so God can increase. Like John the Baptist taught.
- Come to the point where we know we are dependent on Him for everything. Continue reading