Here are a few suggestions of how you can make your child’s experience at church more meaningful:
- Bring your child regularly to church. Consult your pediatrician when making the decision of when to begin bringing your newborn.
- Attend meetings & other activities planned for parents.
- Talk to your child positively during the week about going to church. Use the child’s teachers’ names and other friends in his/her class frequently when talking about church.
- Do not attempt to slip away from your child. Tell him/her in a kind, firm voice that you will be back to get them soon. Then leave immediately. If your child continues to be upset, we will page you.
- Contact the Minister of Children if you have anything you want to discuss about your child at church.