First Baptist Church is a body of believers united by our desire to follow Jesus Christ and committed to fulfilling the purposes set forth in our church objectives. If you desire to join with us and will be supportive of the beliefs and mission of our church, we warmly invite you to become a member. Here are the two steps to becoming a member:
- Come forward and present yourself for membership during any worship service when the invitation is given at the end of the message.
- Express your desire for membership through one of the following means:
Profession of faith
If you have never received Jesus as Savior and Lord and/or never publicly confessed Him, you will be given an opportunity to do so. After your decision has been confirmed, a date will be scheduled for your baptism at First Baptist Church.
Transfer of membership from another Southern Baptist Church
If you are currently a member of another Southern Baptist Church, we will receive you as a member upon promise of a letter from that church. First Baptist Church will contact that church to notify them of your decision and request your letter.
Statement of faith
- If you have previously made a public decision, acknowledging that you have received Christ as
- your Savior and Lord, we will be happy to receive you to be baptized at First Baptist Church if
- you never have been baptized Scripturally (as a believer, by immersion, in the name of the
- Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as a symbol of your salvation).